What if I’ve still got a few questions or want to get the process started, who do I talk to?
Do I need a recruitment agency?
If you’re on our website, you likely do. Because you're sussing out which one is for you, right?
But ultimately yes you might. Recruitment agencies are an invaluable resource companies can utilise to find new talent for their teams.
With recruitment as our jam, we have curated a database full of quality talent that is ready for their next career move. This combined with the use of the platforms and systems we use gives us access to an entirely new pool of candidates that most companies cannot, or do not know how to access. This is fair enough because recruitment isn’t the service you provide, it’s ours.
Recruitment agencies know the market, have refined their recruitment processes, and can save you a whole lot of time when employing new staff. It’s a win-win for everyone.
How do recruitment agencies work?
Once we’ve laughed at how ridiculous our mugs and meeting rooms are, the process starts by refining what your business is after and how we help fill that gap.
After the initial job brief, you hand the reins over to us. Let us be your employer brand cheerleader and spell out your opportunity to the market. We’ll take care of the filtering of applications, approaching the passive market, and interviews, before handing the reins back to you for the final interview. You’ll eventually land with a new team member, but you’ll be nothing short of regularly updated throughout the entire process.
What questions should I ask my recruiter?
Ooo we love this one. We could go on for days here but the main ones we get often are:
- What is your fee structure?
- What are the rough timeframes for this recruitment process?
- This is the salary I’m looking at paying, does this align with the industry standard?
- Is there anything I can offer to potential candidates to attract the highest quality of talent?
- What has your experience with these roles and industries been like before?
- What is the candidate market looking like at the moment?
How do I prepare for a job brief?
You’re preparing for a job brief? Yay, you’re already our favorites.
At a job brief, it’s best to come along with any information that would help us recruit the best person for your team. The limit does not exist here, but what we love to see is:
- A somewhat level of understanding of the role you want to recruit for
- The salary (unless you’d prefer being guided by us) and benefits you’re able to offer
- Additional and complementary information such as org charts, about the predecessor, and what skills and characteristics you’d value most in the new hire
How is Eight different from the rest?
Ah yes, our favourite question. How much time do you have? Kidding, we’ll keep it short.
Essentially, Eight is not afraid to stand out from the pack. We’re cheeky and we think we’re more funny than we probably actually are.
In addition to our dad jokes, we’ve got years of experience in recruitment but also specialised industry knowledge to back it up. We spend our days soaking up market information like a sponge, and we have the most valuable clients and candidates who we adore being partnered with. We can’t count on all our hands how many placed candidates have turned into clients, and that’s a testament to the relationships we build.
Having a large social following isn’t a coincidence either. We’ve worked hard in building our profiles and we now reap the rewards of the reach we curated. Particularly as social recruitment is an increasing trend, the lead we have over competitors in terms of social followers just gives us another advantage.
We’re not done yet.
We’d also like to note that our Recruitment Consultants are Recruitment Consultants. Unlike many other recruitment agencies, our consultants are not required to complete Business Development initiatives. And, therefore, our staff are purely focused on filling your roles and aren’t out in the field trying to sell. That’s left up to Nadene.
How is an agency different to internal recruitment?
Hmm, this is a tricky one. There are a few supportive arguments here and cue the music because we’re about to break em down.
If your in-house recruitment team is finding it difficult to find the right fit, as an agency, Eight can help because we have:
- Broad industry knowledge. By working across several industries, agencies like Eight gain a better understanding of the candidate market, the ways their roles work, and what their common motivators are. This combined with our understanding of what your business needs are gives us the upper hand as we are able to recognise the transferable skills candidates have and how they’ll benefit you.
- Consultants are purely recruiters. Instead of being HR professionals where a portion of their roles covers recruitment, our consultants are specialised recruiters. As a result of this, they’ve got the recruitment process down pat and won’t be distracted by other HR tasks in your organisation.
- The ability to be your company's cheerleader. Having a 3rd party tell people just how amazing your organisation is comes with a different level of validity. And because we're picky about the clients we work with, if we're representing your company you can trust that we're signing your graces.